Shadow Hatha Yoga Zoom classes are now Wednesday morning, as of 18 October.
Get in touch if you’d like to join, or book a class here.
Wednesdays to 6 December
7:30 – 8:30 am
Drop in €15
Six classes €66
Bonus: Recording available for a week.
SAVE THE DATES
Two workshops coming up in Wicklow
Saturday November 25
9 – 11:30 am
Suitable for beginners to Shadow yoga, those seeking a refresher
Join weekly Zoom classes to support your practice every Wednesday 7:30 – 8:30am. Drop in €15.
Benefits of the Balakrama
- You’ll feel stronger! The Warrior and Archer poses stoke the fire of agni, your digestive fire. This refers to physical and mental digestion – food, and processing events and happenings in your life.
- Your mental focus will be enhanced through the structure and rhythm of the practice.
- Joint mobility improves. The joint warm up is a gentle hint to the body that we use at every practice, and the toes, ankles, knees and hips gain power and space through the Balakrama activity.
- It’s good for your bones. Static standing poses help to maintain strong leg bones which support bone density
- Your breathing becomes deeper more rhythmic. As we apply “good stress” to the body and practice maintaining a smooth inhalation and exhalation, the lungs grow more capable of this deeper breathing.
- Coordination improves through the “prana mudra” elements. “Prana” is the life energy that circulates, and “mudra” is a position. We move the arms in an expressive way, moving our energy as well.
- The sum of this work cultivates a foundation for seated asana.
Balakrama full practice
Saturday January 27
9 – 11:30 am
Suitable for those with some yoga experience
Join weekly Zoom classes to support your practice every Wednesday 7:30 – 8:30am. Drop in €15, 8 weeks €88.
Benefits of the Balakrama full practice
Breathing will deepen and become more rhythmic
Coordination is refined
Joint mobility improves
A strong foundation is established for seated work, and for further Prelude work